Date Night (not suitable for children)

It had been way to long! The lead in to date night was pretty spot. Yoga with a dear old friend, drinks in the sun, a good hair day - ya know - all those things that set the tone for how date night is gonna go down. 

And man did it go down. And by "it" i mean the drinks. And too easy! Started with a yummy martini and finished up with a nice beer 4 hours later (with 4 Moscow mules in between) (not counting the two I had after yoga) ...

Dinner at Haute Quarter was amazing as always. Colin is finally letting go if his volume eating habits which means i can talk him into sharing 5 items instead of being stuck with one giant entree. The halibut special was to die for as was the gnocchi. We had great service to boot - proven when the server left the gnocchi bowl on the table and continued to supply bread to soak up the Gorgonzola sauce. Haute Quarter for the win. 

After some bar hopping we headed home. The kids were awesome for Grandma. Colin tried to feed me more booze, but I was fine and dandy. I was so fine and dandy that I woke up butt ass naked sprawled out in bed after about 6 hours of solid sleep. I was later informed that Colin had to get up and find a binky for baby girl and when he returned to the bedroom he found Soy Boy curled up next to his PASSED OUT NAKED MOM and had to return him to bed. 

Best part - Colin let me sleep in and I didn't even have a hangover.    

This can only mean one thing. 

MORE
DATE
NIGHTS

Gonna have to start paying grandma in #beautycounter products!


Now, I don't want anyone to think that this is just another typical night in Jenny Land.


Most nights consist of dishes, dinner, refereeing at the table, more dishes, snacks, bath time, keeping water in the tub and pee in the potty, light saber battles, laundry, t-ball, negotiating with tiny terrorists, bedtime stories ... you get the picture. Any night that ends with me, Roku, and a glass of wine or 3 is a win. 

So, if I want to pass out naked in my own bed once every 6 months, I will. 

Comments

Popular Posts