Shopping Va-Ca

I have just returned from my shopping vacation with the Peterson's in Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia. Actually, I never actually made it to Seattle but it was a successful trip non the less. 

The Peterson's were amazing hosts, as always. I have fallen madly in love with my "niece" and enjoyed every moment I got to spend with her- even it that meant getting up at 6:30am! Babies are always so happy when the first wake up :)

My first ever trip to Ikea was everything I could imagine and more. Crib, check. Dresser, check. Lamp, check/ A bunch of gadgets that I actually needed, check. Love that store. 

Babies-r-us was another eventful trip. Thank God I have a new mom and my veteran mom to guide me! The registry is close to complete and pretty much only includes stuff I "need" and not "want". We are going to be needs based parents- I believe it will cut back on clutter. 

We also settled on an Owl theme for the nursery after my mom found an adorable owl cross-stick and growth chart. We found amazing owl tissue paper that will be used to decoupage whatever is not nailed down as well as adorable owl flannel for burpies and quilts. To top it off we found the perfect owl rug for in front of the crib. 

When we were not on the nursery mission we were eating. I went to Trader Joe's for the first time. Too fun. I also got to have lunch with Aunt Judy, dinner with Ms. Amber and another lunch with the famous Leenda Ball. She got the baby an adorable rock and roll outfit- she even sang to Bebe. She called dibs on taking Bebe to his/her first rock concert. 

When I got home I had about 5 minutes to tell the hubby everything before he had to leave for work. I promptly unpacked, started laundry, set up the Bebe's lamp and rug. Now comes the real work. Clean and garage, clean out the guest room, paint, assemble furniture, etc without killing my back or my dear mom and hubby who I will have to rely on to do a lot of the work. 

And in case you were wondering, I did do a little shopping for myself. Because shopping for pregnancy clothes is not all that fun, I mostly spent money at Sephora AND the Couch outlet had an amazing gold purse for 77% off! It will look great slung on my shoulder at any stage!


Comments

Popular Posts