Love and loss and luck

I guess I am feeling a little dark lately. In the year 2018 three wonderfully kind and loving women that I know become widows. 

I keep thinking, "that was just a bad year," but in fact, this is being a woman in her mid 30s. 

Most of my friends are done getting married and having kids (well, maybe not ALL of them).
So now comes the shit. Divorce, cancer, addiction, disease, medications, and loss. So much loss.

Today I an lucky to have my health, my parents, my husband, my children, my friends, my career, and opportunities for growth. 

BUT THAT IS ALL IT IS. LUCK.

Love and loss and luck.

Count your blessings, toss pennies into fountains, and wish on shooting stars. At this point it can't hurt.

But more importantly, love your loved ones deeply and without hesitation. Soak up all the love they have to to give in return.

@charliemackesy




Comments

Popular Posts