Long Weekend

Cabin time is always good for the soul. So is watching a three and a half year old experience cabin time for the first time! 

Over Memorial Day weekend my nephew joined the ranks as a true Lounsbury, braving float planes, northern pike, 3 and 4 wheelers, nature hikes and  lots of mud! Kid even took a bath in a tin basin. 


Being the pregnant aunt made me the natural mother hen over the weekend - not to mention everyone else was indulging in libations. But, it was good practice. It was also incredibly moving to see my dad bond with his grandson. Melts my heart. I can't wait to make him a grandpa again!



All in all a successful trip full of many firsts and many more memories.  Nothing like seeing the world through the eyes of a child- and boy, did he sleep like the dead!

Got to love cabin time. 

Comments

Popular Posts